19 Mar Hiring in Birmingham, AL – IT Project Manager
TailWinds Technologies is looking to hire an IT Project Manager with IT experience in our Birmingham, AL office. Candidates must be detail orientated with exceptional organizational skills and IT experience to be considered for this position.
Basic Qualifications and Requirements:
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Minimum of 3 years IT experience required
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with executive management, peers, employees, clients, other agencies, and the public
• Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
• Ability to make critical decisions with limited guidance while ensuring visibility into those decisions
• Technical knowledge to identify and mitigate risks
• Understanding of dependencies to help the team prioritize broader organization goals
• Ability to manage a team
• Ability to work alongside other project managers
Knowledge of Information Technology Systems:
• Technical knowledge to identify technical inefficiencies
• Microsoft Windows Server environments – in-house, cloud-based, data backup, remote access, business software products
• Desktop and laptop computing infrastructure – desktops, laptops, accessories
• Networking infrastructure – routers, firewalls, switches, wireless access points
• Microsoft 365 and Office Suite products
• Data security systems – VPN, antivirus, anti-malware
• Knowledge of autotask is preferred
• Facilitating and supporting Executive Decision Making Councils
• Managing IT projects and client onboarding
• Supporting Strategic Planning initiatives
• Conduct workforce competency identification and gap analyses.
• Process improvement and streamlining business operations.
• Interpreting data to understand the business implications of the research.
• Writing reports/briefings and presenting to clients in a way that is professional and influential
• Apply expertise in organizational design to provide direction and guidance on the establishment of organization structures, realignments, and re-organizations, supporting changes in strategic direction and mission requirements.
• Assist management in developing and maximizing employment opportunities for career growth, professional development, and learning that will ensure the establishment of a high-performing organization and a working environment that promotes and values diversity.
• Ability to think strategically, analytically, and proactively about diverse business solutions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with executive management, peers, employees, clients, other agencies, and the public.
• Maintain program dashboards, with technical project plans, implementation plans, milestone dates.